Complaints Policy

How do I complain?

In the event that you ever have to complain, you should contact: The compliance officer at Stonyroyd House, 8 Cumberland Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 2EF or by phone 0113 224 2800.

Do I have to make the complaint in writing?

No. Although it is preferred, you may telephone us on the above number to make a complaint. You should make it clear that you are registering a complaint and make a note of the name of the person you spoke to and the date on which you rang. You will be given a complaints reference number which is our acknowledgement that you have made a formal complaint.

What happens next?

  1. We will acknowledge your complaint promptly in accordance with the rules of our regulatory body and set out our understanding of your complaint.
  2. If you do not hear from us, please check first to see that we have actually received your complaint.
  3. We will investigate your complaint and help you with any questions that you may have.
  4. If your complaint is not resolved, we will keep you informed with regard to its progress.
  5. After we have investigated your complaint, we will write to you explaining the outcome of the investigation.

How long will the investigation take?

We will try to handle your complaint as quickly and fairly as possible. We will endeavour to keep you up to date with the progress of our investigation and to complete our investigation within 8 weeks of receiving the complaint. If our investigations are not complete 8 weeks from the date we received your complaint, we must send you a further letter which must explain clearly that we are continuing the investigation into your complaint and explain why the matter remains unresolved.

What happens at the end of the investigation?

Within 7 business days of completion of our investigation we will send you a letter explaining the outcome of the investigation and giving details of any offer of settlement, which we are prepared to make.

What if I am not satisfied with your decision?

If, for any reason, you are not happy with the decision reached, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date we write to you with its decision. Full details of the Financial Ombudsman Service can be found at or by contacting them on 0800 023 4567.